Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A powerful essay.

"I am baptized and I know the truth. The revelation the Lord gives is sufficient. Do I need people to tell me that I created these things? Do I need people to tell me that I am the one who can protect you? Can I give you everlasting life? Can I give you a place in heaven? Can I build a church and wash people of their sins? Can I rule over you? Don’t we already have a master and don’t we already know how we must live? Don’t we already know what to do from day to day? Are we not already mesmerized by the brilliance of creation and the wonder of our fellow man? Are not we already convinced of the truth? Do we not see how every Scripture interlocks and holds all others up? Do we not see the patterns and colour of the word? How can we improve on perfect? Do we cut off a man’s ears and sew them on his back, or take off our legs to fit in a hole. The Bible is inspired and true. My faith relies on that premise. I am an ape without it. I am an animal with no life. I can murder and rape without thought without it. The Bible makes me human. The Bible makes me real. The Bible introduces me to God."
[Referencing Proverbs 30:6]

-Storm Cox (ed. Wade Cox)

1 comment:

LT said...

Wow! Loved this. Solid and strong. I'm going to link to this post from my blog, if you don't mind. If you do, just let me know and I'll take it down. I just love coming across blog posts like this.

Peace,
Lauren